2.23.2009

so remember that piece I started in uh....November? Well I finished the wax tonight. Took long enough...shoot. I haven't worked on it in a few months, and tonight I got all obsessive over it. I kept on having to add in wax and subtract wax and blah blah because I was going crazy and not liking it. It's really hard to make an accurate judgment on the shape and surface when none of the colors match up. SO, I decided to just go as far as I could, then do most of the outer shape defining once it's in metal. I'm still trying to decide if I want to cast it in brass or silver. The fabricated frame will be silver, and I like the contrast of materials and colors...and it will be cheaper to make in brass. I'm also going to get a mold made of it so I can do some duplication in the future. After all of that time making it, I would like to be able to expand on it.....and ya know, not have to dooooo alll of that carving agaaaiiiin. So here are the photo's. It looks cruddy..but it's awesome I swear. There's also a picture of a bit of the everglades that I took when in Florida. A nice contrast between the tortured mouth and the serene water.

No comments: