2.26.2009

I picked up the piece from my casting guy this afternoon. I'm not going to post photo's of it until it's done though. I'm fairly happy with it so far... It IS a little weighty, and the details aren't exactly how I wanted them...and there isn't enough contrast in color in the whole thing over all.. ARHG. This is why I wanted to carve it in wood. Maybe never time I should just cast it in bronze.. then at least I would have that color difference that I want. I might do some more spot oxidizing to emphasis some dimensions. *sigh*. I'm too hard on myself sometimes, but it will pay off in the end I think.
I made a tiny little sterling and diamond ring as well tonight. I just did it as a little excersize since I haven't done any settings in a long time. I lost the first diamond. I'm sure it's around somewhere..oh well. The second one I got in there fine. Sterling is much too mushy for this kind of ring. Now I know that if I want to make more, they will have to be in gold.
I sold the rabitt foot necklace on Etsy Monday night. I sent it out this morning. I made up this little gift box for it...made a few actually. Hopefully I'll get to use them!
I'm super sleepy and need to go to bed now. Haircut at Juju salon in the morning!

No comments: