2.12.2009

I was already in bed and about to go to sleep, but I remembered there was something i needed from the living room, and got up to get it. The bench was calling. I have been thinking about a pair of earrings I wanted to make, so I sat down to make them. It turned into making 2 small necklaces that are a bit different from the earring idea. I will still be making the earrings...maybe when I get back from Florida. In the next two days I must put my jewelry aside and focus on getting the piece for the Heart to Heart Art Show done. The work is due during the time that I will be on vacation, so I need to get it done and submitted by Sunday. It's coming along at a steady pace, but I need to kick it up a notch so I have time to fuss with the details. It's a mixed media wall hanging piece made mostly of carved wood. There are wood chips all over my studio, and the cats have been rolling in it. I need a dust buster.. Well I mean it's not that I don't have a vacuum... it would just be nice to have a small sucker in my work area. Blah blah blah. Speaking on studio equipment; I am super excited about some new stuff I'll be purchasing soon! I'm going to set up a copper electroforming bath. That mean's I'll be able to make multiples of some of my previous pieces, and continue on with those trains of thought.
Well, It's time to go watch a movie and pass out. It's been a long day. I'll post pics of the necklaces and the piece for the show by the end of the weekend probably.

No comments: