3.01.2009


Sometimes procrastination isn't THAT big a beast. The brooch I'm working on is still stressing me out, so I took an unexpected break and carved up a new ring. It's kind of a reincarnation of a past ring..with a little twist. I might do a few different variations on is. This one is the same general shape as the old one...except that I crafted it with MUCH more care. The last time I made this ring was when I was in school during casting class. I carved it about 3 times before I got it to cast right..and by that time I was just so pissed that I didn't even care to take my time...I just wanted to get something made. I give my casting guy a lot of credit for always turning out good work. I guess you can though when you have years and years of experience as well as high tech machinery :)
So yes..now I pay someone to cast for me. I don't have the means to do so myself at this point.
So there..look..I got sidetracked talking about getting sidetracked! This ring (which I've already titled "Candy Mountain"), is faceted on the top, a diamond is set into the point, and it's smooth around the band. Once It's been cast, I will solder in my signature and quality stamp. This is the first time that I am trying to cast with the stone already in. I figured since I have real diamonds, I might as well..seeing as you can only cast with the stone in with diamonds or synthetic's. So there you go. Time to get back to work though... the brooch needs to be done by wednesday night/thursday morning.
I'll drop the ring off at Casting HQ tomorrow on my lunch break.

No comments: