7.25.2009

This is the new piece. It's called From the Banks of the Wissahickon. I really love making hollow formed objects. When I was in school, I thought it was awe full...but not I love the challenge.
The rock in the top of the ring is a piece of stone I found on a hike with my mom. There are so many rocks in Wissahickon that have flakes of Mica in it. This one has some flecks..but it's mostly grey. I carved the rock down and polished the sides, while leaving the top natural and rough.
This is another piece with the idea of talismen in mind. I would love to make more of these with rocks from other places i've visited or for other people with rocks or shells that they have.

1 comment:

Sabina said...

Hi Melody!

I just wrote a comment, but I'm not sure if it posted! Blah... This is Maria, that chic from Garland, by the way.

Awesome ring! Much better than I imagined the quartz idea you had. Did/do you go to UArts? I did, for Illustration, but now I'm a graphic designer. Let me know if you need design! I will e-mail you my addy.

~Maria