12.02.2008




Today I decided to do more work on Riley Gets in the Way, rather than doing any sketching or working on the wax. It's been a work in progress for quite some time now. I had put it down around August and hadn't had the motivation to pick it up again until about a week and a half ago. It all started a little less than a year ago, when I decided to do a portrait of Sophie called Princess Sophie and her Sea of Fishies. The embroidery made it to a show at My House Gallery, and quickly pushed me in the direction of a small series.
I still have quite a ways to go, but I'm anticipating this piece being done by the end of the month. Like most of my work, the process is meditative. I like to take my time and think about every stitch and every line. Most of my embroideries focus just on the line, but these two are in full color.

2 comments:

Linda Everett said...

Riley is really coming along great. Did you ever get in touch with Kate the cattery lady?

Daniel Fishel said...

Its done FINALLY!